[open-government] Fwd: [ORG-law] UK foia reach on private government subcontractors

toby at law-democracy.org toby at law-democracy.org
Tue Nov 16 16:36:41 UTC 2010

The Polish law is attached in English translation (may not be fully
up-to-date).

This is not like the South African law. It applies to public bodies
exercising public functions and also trade unions and political parties
(presumably on the basis that they also exercise public-type functions).
There are a number of laws which add in certain categories of private
bodies on the theory that they are analogous to public bodies (eg Nepal
and Bangladesh both cover NGOs). But no other law that I am aware of that
covers all private bodies.

Toby