[open-government] #ogdcamp - Thank you!

Paola Di Maio paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 11:18:52 UTC 2010

Johnny and all

 I would like also to thank you for the hard work, I particularly enjoyed
seeing old and new friends.

Are all the slides and talk already online? I did not manage to catch
everything I was interested in and would like to follow up on some
presentation.

Some suggestions for improving some aspects of the organisation in the
future:

It was not quite clear, for example, why some flash talks were very long, up
to 20 minutes or so, some slots were empty, and lots of people were left out
from the programme/

???

All flash talks proposals should be entered in a wiki , as it was suggested
by someone on this list, and then we as a community should decide together
how we want to organise the floor to accommodate for all of them

For example, by adjusting the individual time slots allocation to a shorter
timeslot, if too many people want to talk, or by having two parallel tracks
for lightening talks as well

Is there a feedback form for participants to provide feedback on issues such
as venue (acoustic in the upper hall was lame), catering, other things

Can we have a page where all the talks that were 'rejected' (despite no
material reason for
actualy doing so) can be listed and slides uploaded for those who would be
interested to see what was left out of the programme (that would help us
understand better and serve as the context for what went into the programme
for example)

Also it would be nice to be making all decisions and discussions in relation
to the planning a bit more transparent and participatory, so that good ideas
that many come from the community can actually be discussed, rather than
dismissed and shoved under the carpet.

Other than that, great to see you again

cheers

PDM

2010/11/21 Roy Peled <roypeled at gmail.com>

> Same from here. It was brilliantly organized and very much needed.

okay folks -  let me add my thanks