[open-government] Examples of Open Data against conflicts of interests?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Wed Dec 7 06:36:25 UTC 2011

Greetings,

I am collecting for an article real world examples and success stories
of one **specific** usage of Open Data/Open Gov projects: discovering
and preventing conflicts of interests at all levels, from city to
state. I already have some material, but the more the better of
course!

what I am looking for are things like showing which public officials
or candidates own stocks in which companies, and if/how they vote for
laws that specifically impact on those companies, or which company
funded which party, etc....

Any input is very welcome, and please DO pass around this request as
much as you see fit!

thanks,
	Marco
	http://mfioretti.com