[open-government] National legal barriers to open data in Europe

Toby Mendel toby at law-democracy.org
Wed Jan 5 13:13:55 UTC 2011

The idea, below, of attaching responsibility to those who are more
likely to obey the law is attractive but ultimately problematical
since there also (normally) needs to be a theory of fault of some sort
behind responsibility. But I agree with your conclusions.

Toby

On 5 Jan 2011, at 08:06, Antti.Eskola at tem.fi wrote:

> On the other hand, I also see the reasoning behind trying to extend
> spamming laws to PSI holders. The latter may be more likely to obey
> the law than the spammers.

Toby Mendel
Executive Director

Centre for Law and Democracy