[open-government] We need international open government data principles

Ivan Begtin ibegtin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 10:45:03 UTC 2011

Hi Jonathan.
    I think it's very important. And it's will be even more important if we
will have any chance to get support for those principles of
intergovernmental bodies.

Sad to say but russian officials actually motivated by low ratings of Russia
made by UN, ITU and WorldBank (DoingBusiness).

Sure we could do a lot without any government support  but open framework
will speed up data opening.
Also here in Russia we have licensing vacuum about government information.
So I think that basic framework and implementation roadmap are very
important.

I will be happy to help so much as I can.

2011/7/8 Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>

> I just posted this on the OKF blog:
>

> http://blog.okfn.org/2011/07/08/we-need-international-open-government-data-principles/
>
> I'd really like to try and start a conversation around this again -
> with key stakeholders from around the world.
>
> The key thing in my mind is consensus - rather than new content. We
> have lots of good conceptual work, and clear wording to build on. What
> is needed is to bring key people to the table and to agree on
> something very short and very clear.
>
> Anyone interested? ;-)
>
> --
> Jonathan Gray