[open-government] We need international open government data principles

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Jul 8 12:17:44 UTC 2011

2011/7/8 Petra Reszkető <petra.reszketo at budapestinstitute.eu>:
> - At the same time, such a document drafted and finalised in alliance with
> OECD or EU might have a demonstrative effect...

Absolutely. There are already some guidelines from OECD that could be
built on. Not sure about EU open data principles and how this would
fit in with existing work on PSI Directive, which is much broader -
but would love to discuss this further. Definitely scope for having
international institutions like UN, World Bank, and others involved.

J.

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator