[open-government] Open Public Services - Democratic Decentralisation

Neil McEvoy neil at mcevoy.biz
Fri Jul 29 19:17:23 UTC 2011

Hi Erik

Thanks for the feedback.

My primary focus is not so much on the patent system, and so I have no
expertise to comment on your analysis. I am mainly interested in
encouraging governments to take that first step, ie moving government
process from 'closed' to 'open', by moving it online in this form.

I'm quite sure Peer to Patent is not perfect, and certainly not so in the
specific terms you describe, but technologically it's hugely more advanced
than 99% of government processes, and is a big step on from where they
were.

Kind regards, Neil.