[open-government] Open Government Lunch: this Friday, 12pm-1pm, Vancouver City Hall

Karen Fung karen at countablyinfinite.ca
Wed Jun 1 14:47:32 UTC 2011

Hi all,

On the off-chance that there are any of you here based in Vancouver, B.C.,
or nearby: come have Open Government Lunch with us! City Hall this Friday,
12pm to 1pm at Vancouver City Hall.

This is a casual and informal chance to meet others, be they city staff, or
working at non-profits or in the private sector, who are interested in
walking the talk on open government and understanding how to make government
collaboration with citizens an everyday reality. Knowledge As Power
Executive Director Sarah Schacht will also be on hand to speak briefly about
Open Gov West 2011, the recent conference which took place on May 13th and
14th in Portland, Oregon, as will other Vancouver-based speakers and
attendees.

Please RSVP to this event at http://vanopengovlunch.eventbrite.com, and
learn more about Open Gov West at http://opengovwest.org.

(And for those of you who may be wondering, yes, we are holding this in lieu
of our typical evening meetup. And, our apologies for the short notice, or
if you are seeing this not for the first time.)

All the best,

Karen