[open-government] We've reached 500 members - what next?

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Thu Jun 2 02:12:39 UTC 2011

I've just checked this list's administration page, and the group's
membership count has reached 508. Amazing.

I would like to make sure that we're ensuring people have options to
participate in activities other than communicating amongst each other.
Noting that we're the open government working group, let's make sure that if
there are people who would like jobs to do that they have an opportunity to
do so.

Does anyone have any views on:

 - what the goals of this community are or should be?
 - what kinds of activities we could or should undertake?
 - whether a smaller group should be formed from within this community to do
activities, and allow the mailing list to be for broader communication?

I am very keen to host a teleconference over Skype for anyone interested.

Tim McNamara
Professional \\  paperlessprojects.com
Personal \\  @timClicks <http://twitter.com/timClicks>  |  timmcnamara.co.nz