[open-government] Apps4Russia competition announced

Ivan Begtin ibegtin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 06:20:58 UTC 2011

Hi!

Here in Russia we launch Apps4Russia competition. It's non-government,
non-business, non-profit initiative lauched by four people and we invest our
personal funds into it.

Apps4Russia (www.apps4russia.ru) is a competition for the creation of
projects on the basis of open data and data gathered from citizens, named
‘crowdsourcing’; created for public use,  solving of various problems,
guaranteeing a greater transparency of the state and encouraging collective
solutions of problems.

We do not limit our participants as to the choice of topic for their
projects, however we will first and foremost consider the projects within
the following topic areas:

   - Urban infrastructure/environment
   - HOA/tariffs/prices
   - State finances
   - State services
   - Ecology
   - Transformation and/or visualisation of historical data

Jury and organization group of the project:
- Ivan Begtin, Founder of OpenGovData.ru, Rosspending.ru and lot's of other
open government projects
- Simon Kordonsky, professor of National Research High School of Economy
- Ekaterina Aksenova, active businessman and open government blogger
gov-gov.ru
- Dmitry Izkovich, chair of the editorial board of Polit.ru news agency

More info here - http://www.apps4russia.ru/english/

--
Best Regards,
   Ivan Begtin