[open-government] We've reached 500 members - what next?

Uhlir, Paul PUhlir at nas.edu
Thu Jun 2 12:21:30 UTC 2011

This is good to know, Tim. Given the large list of no doubt knowledgeable participants, I think that solicitation of ideas for goals, activities and subgroups is a potentially useful exercise, if there is enough time to manage new ones. Some obvious examples of possible topics would be focusing on types of info (text, databases, statistics, images/visualizations, audio, etc), info functions (e.g., citations/metadata/rights management, etc), sectors (e.g., geospatial/health/human rights, etc), or geographic (e.g., regions/countries). There may be problems with some (many) of these topics and redundancies with other specialized groups, but it's worth exploring.

Paul

Paul F. Uhlir, J.D.
Director, NRC Board on Research Data and Information, and
  IAP Program on Digital Knowledge Resources and Infrastructure in Developing Countries
National Academy of Sciences, Keck-511
500 Fifth Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
USA