[open-government] We've reached 500 members - what next?

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Fri Jun 3 04:08:47 UTC 2011

Thanks for raising these points Paul.

I guess the problem (or benefit) of working in the government arena rather
than a scientific or academic discipline is that its data and information
spans all types:: geospatial, unstructured text, databases, paper records
and more.

Another potential issue is that people's local political situations mean
that cross-border collaboration and communication can be difficult. Still,
the large numbers of members here demonstrates that people feel it is
valuable.

My initial thinking was that we as a group should aim to get runs on the
board with some small pieces of work (apologies for the cricket analogy ;).
My assumptions are that we would need to work towards peoples' interests,
even if it might be more strategic to work towards principles or goals.