[open-government] Standard Parliament transcript format?

ricardo lafuente bollecs at sollec.org
Sun Sep 11 18:41:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

Does anyone know of any standard or spec covering the formatting and
structure of transcripts of sessions of Parliament? We've searched for
quite some time without success.

This is something that we have been discussing here in Portugal and
believe it would be a great step to open yet another avenue where open
data standards can make a difference. There are naturally hurdles in the
process (e.g. country-specific rules), but it's a goal worth aiming for.

If there's not anything being worked on, we'd love to begin drafting
such a specification, and would welcome any advice or help in this
effort. Anyone?

:r