[open-government] Standard Parliament transcript format?

James Forrester jdforrester at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 21:17:09 UTC 2011

On 11 September 2011 19:41, ricardo lafuente <bollecs at sollec.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of any standard or spec covering the formatting and
> structure of transcripts of sessions of Parliament? We've searched for quite
> some time without success.
>
> This is something that we have been discussing here in Portugal and believe
> it would be a great step to open yet another avenue where open data
> standards can make a difference. There are naturally hurdles in the process
> (e.g. country-specific rules), but it's a goal worth aiming for.
>
> If there's not anything being worked on, we'd love to begin drafting such a
> specification, and would welcome any advice or help in this effort. Anyone?

There's Akoma Ntoso[0], which I've heard good things about but never
got familiar with, let alone used. I believe it was originally
developed for African parliaments and courts to exchange information
via XML, but is designed to have wider usage. Hope this helps.

[0] - http://www.akomantoso.org/

J.
--
James D. Forrester