[open-government] Open Gov in E/S. Africa

Wairagala Wakabi wakabi at cipesa.org
Tue Sep 6 14:11:41 UTC 2011

Helo folks,
Greetings from CIPESA (www.cipesa.org)  in Kampala. We are drafting a paper
on open gov in [East] Africa, and we would welcome comments on the draft
attached. Kindly send me off-list.

A little about us: The Collaboration on International ICT Policy for East
and Southern Africa (CIPESA, www.cipesa.org) is involved in work that mainly
leverages on ICT to improve livelihoods, enhance public service delivery,
and stimulate citizen participation in democratic processes. We are honoured
to be part of (and to be playing a facilitative role) for the EastAfrica
ICT4Democracy project, with seed funding from the Swedish SPIDER (
www.spider.org), which has iHub (Kenya), Kenya human rights Commission,
Transparency International Uganda, Women of Uganda Network, and Tanzania’
Commission for Human Rights and Good Governance as partners.

We are hoping to use this paper as the  building bloc for broader activities
which could be done around Open gov in our region.

Any thoughts here much appreciated.

Wakabi

Wairagala Wakabi
Coordinator, CIPESA