[open-government] Open Data and Locality

Julian Tait julian at futureeverything.org
Fri Sep 23 20:44:46 UTC 2011

Hi Ton,

I'm glad that this is being covered and will happily help. Perhaps there might be an opportunity to have a more informal sharing experiences during the event.

Julian

On 21 Sep 2011, at 12:29, Ton Zijlstra wrote:

> Hi Julian,
>
> I certainly would be up for that. From multiple perspectives. In fact I had already proposed a session on how local governments can see open data as policy instrument to reach their own goals / save money. (Using open data e.g. as the object of interaction with citizens. new ways of working need new instruments, ogd being one of them).
> I also proposed doing a talk on how to get things going locally. The latter could certainly be joint thing. The former as well, I think, although I'm not sure if you have worked on OGD from that angle much in Manchester.
>

> Looking forward to seeing you again.
>
> Ton

> Interdependent Thoughts
> Ton Zijlstra
>
> ton at tonzijlstra.eu
> +31-6-34489360
>
> http://zylstra.org/blog
>

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Julian Tait <julian at futureeverything.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a session/workshop at Open Government Data Camp looking at opportunities and challenges around local open data. This would be exploring how cities can create open data policies, what are the blockages and also how can open data be encouraged in smaller communities - ownership, participation etc.
>
> Cheers
>
> Julian

Julian Tait
Open Data Cities and DataGM

M: 44 (0)7802 851 394
Skype: Julianlstar
Twitter: @julianlstar

FutureEverything - Innovation Lab and award winning global festival of art, music and ideas.

http://www.futureeverything.org

Twitter: @FuturEverything
Tag: #futr