[open-government] Research Project on Open Government Data: Benefits and Barriers

Mark Golledge mark at markgolledge.com
Sun Apr 15 15:50:14 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I'm currently working on completing a Masters course in Public
Management (at Warwick Business School in the UK) with a final
dissertation focusing on Open Government Data. I'm interested in
exploring the perceived benefits and barriers to Open Government Data
(OGD) - particularly the degree to which these may differ at a
national and local level.

Over the last year or so I have been meeting and speaking with people
involvement in OGD and am keen to learn of people's views on the
benefits (and realisation of these) as well as barriers.

In order to research this I would really value 10-15 minutes of your
time in completing an online survey which will ask for your views on
this area. Your feedback will be anonymised and no individuals
identified as part of the research. By participating in the survey you
will also have an opportunity to win Amazon vouchers.

The survey can be found here: http://www.markgolledge.com/survey
(please click on the Open Government Data Survey link).

The survey will be close on Monday 30 April 2012.

In addition, I'm also creating a network of interviewees from the UK
open data community to participate in a 45 minute telephone interview.
I am particularly interested in how OGD has emerged at both a national
and local level including the degree to which benefits have been
emphasised and the key barriers faced.

If any of you would be interested in being interviewed, or have any
questions on the survey or the research itself, please do not hesitate
to contact me at mark at markgolledge.com

Kind Regards,

Mark Golledge

--