[open-government] OGDcamp 2012?

Kat Braybrooke kat.braybrooke at okfn.org
Thu Jun 21 13:16:15 UTC 2012

Hello Bill,

Just a quick note to answer your question below regarding open government
content at the Open Knowledge Festival this year - it's a good question,
and I apologise for things being a bit unclear on that front so far - we're
currently in the process of updating the festival website with new design
and content, and are working as fast as we can to update all pages!

This year, OKFestival is organised around a set of 13 Topic Streams <
http://okfestival.org/core-programme/>, all organised by teams of guest
programme planners from around the world. Several of these Topic Streams
focus on open governments and government data on both local and national
scales, with the bulk of open government-focused programming happening on
Tuesday the 18th and Wednesday the 19th.

The planned programming on these days includes a Topic Stream focused on
Government Transparency and Accountability <
http://okfestival.org/topic-stream-transparency-and-accountability/>,
sessions on the Open Government Partnership, a Topic Stream on Open
Democracy and Citizen Movements <
http://okfestival.org/topic-stream-open-democracy-and-citizen-movements/>,
and sessions on Open Cities <http://okfestival.org/topic-stream-open-cities/>
(all details in progress).

Hope this helps, Bill - and do watch the OKFestival site in the next few
weeks for more updated information regarding timing and content. In the
meantime, feel free to email the OKFestival team at info at okfestival.org if
you have any more questions!

Kat

Chapters<http://okfn.org/chapters>