[open-government] Open Data Workshop proposal for Internet Governance Forum (IGF)

Tim Davies tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk
Thu Mar 29 11:51:54 UTC 2012

Hey all,

I've been thinking about putting in a proposal for the 2012 Internet
Governance Forum (http://www.intgovforum.org/ - taking place in November in
Baku, Azerbaijan) for a workshop looking at governance issues of Open
Government Data, to build upon some of the discussions that took place last
year under the title 'Privacy and Security in an open/linked/realtime data
world' (Workshop  report at
http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/component/chronocontact/?chronoformname=Workshops2011View&wspid=212),
and to identify other governance issues coming up - particularly as global
eco-systems of open government data are developing.

There is already a session proposed for the European Internet Governance
Forum (EURODig) on Public Sector Information, but I'm not sure who is
organising that.

So - this mail is to check: is anyone on this list already planning open
data related workshop proposals for the IGF? Or is anyone interested in
getting involved in a workshop proposal?

All the best

Tim
--

http://www.timdavies.org.uk