[open-government] Open Data Handbook: update & call for contributions

Laura Newman laura.newman at okfn.org
Thu Mar 29 11:08:39 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

Great news to report on the Open Data Handbook. We have had loads of
excellent feedback, and Google Analytics shows that more than 10,000 people
have already accessed the Handbook! A huge thanks again to all of you who
have contributed to this effort.

You can read the Handbook here: http://opendatahandbook.org/

This week, we have uploaded Spanish and Portuguese translations of the
Handbook - hurrah! Progress is being made on several more languages. Anyone
can sign up to join a team, and even taking a few minutes to translate a
short string is really valuable. Check out our progress on Transifex:

https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/opendatahandbook/

People have also made great suggestions for text improvements. If you spot
a minor change that should be made (spelling, links, corrections etc.) you
can email opendatahandbook at okfn.org, or create a Github issue here:

https://github.com/okfn/opendatahandbook

If you have suggestions for more major content additions, suggest them on
our etherpad and start drafting! :) The etherpad is a space to share your
ideas and build on other people's. Find it here:

http://okfnpad.org/ODHv1-0

Finally, if you who want to stay fully up to date with the Handbook's
progress, please do join the Open Data Handbook mailing list:

Thanks so much for all the work you have put into this. We are pleased that
so many people have already found it useful, and hope it can be made even
better!

Any questions, do feel free to drop me a line.

All the best,
Laura

--
Laura Newman