[open-government] Proposal for submission to OKFestival on the state of play and the future of the open government data movement and the Open Government Partnership

Tim Davies tim.g.davies at gmail.com
Tue May 8 18:09:10 UTC 2012

Hello Daniel, Javier and all,

One of the suggestions in planning the Open Development track was inviting
Warren Krafchik, director of International Budget Partnership, who is now
joint co-chair of OGP, but could also speak to the connections between
'open economics' and 'open development' as a keynote speaker. I suspect
Warren will be very busy - but could be worth an invite? It would make for
a keynote across a range of themes.

One of the important strands coming out of the OGP meeting was that Open
Data is part of Open Government, but is not synonomous with it. It could be
particularly useful to take advantage of OKFest to articulate some of the
broader connections, by bringing together a join session of open-government
and open-democracy tracks to explore what Open Knowledge has to do with
Open Government in the round (this could be influenced by OGP, but not
solely framed as about OGP - in order to engage/relate also to countries
not involved in OGP).

All the best

Tim