[open-government] How to make apps contests more sustainable?

Antti Jogi Poikola antti.poikola at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 12:47:13 UTC 2012

Hi,

Thanks for your opinions already! Now we have opened also a online survey
to collect feedback from app contest organizers (see the invitation
below and feel free to forward it).

Here is also Clay Johnson's old but still very relevant blog post: "Build
communities not contests":
http://www.informationdiet.com/blog/read/build-communities-not-contests

-Antti "Jogi" Poikola

---CLIP---

Dear Open Data Apps Contest Organiser,

We would like to invite you to an on-live survey regarding Apps contests
around the world. We aim to gain some insight in the process, as well as
collect lessons learned. The results will be put in a short topic report
paper, to be presented on-line at the ePSI platform, and be valuable input
for the start of Apps for Europe in 2013.

The survey is located here: http://goo.gl/OAHO4

It will take about 10 minutes of your time.

If time permits, please see also if the basic information of your Apps
Contest is already listed here and make the relevant corrections:
http://bit.ly/apps_contests_list

Thank you for your time and participation. Any questions are very welcome;
please let us know.

Best regards,

Frank Kresin & Antti Poikola

PS. *Invitation to jois international Apps Contest Organizers email -list*
Feel free to join the discussion at the appsforx -email list. The list was
established after a international Apps Contest Organizers meetup which was
organized during the Open Knowledge Festival 2012 in Helsinki: