[open-government] Is it too radical to demand everything?

Pia Waugh pia.waugh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 10:57:07 UTC 2012

This might be useful for others. It is the Australian Information
Commissioners statement on public sector information. Principle one is what
you are referring to.

Principle 1: Open access to information - a default position

Information held by Australian Government agencies is a valuable national
resource. If there is no legal need to protect the information it should be
open to public access. Information publication enhances public access.
Agencies should use information technology to disseminate public sector
information, applying a presumption of openness and adopting a proactive
publication stance.

http://oaic.gov.au/publications/agency_resources/principles_on_psi_short.html

Might be a useful precedent?

Cheers,