[open-government] Transparency Camp 2013 - 4-5 May 2013

Steven Clift clift at e-democracy.org
Mon Apr 1 15:29:43 UTC 2013

Come one, come all:

     http://transparencycamp.org

"Get ready: This May, TransparencyCamp is coming back—and we want to
see you there! Please join the Sunlight Foundation and the George
Washington University School of Media and Public Affairs at the Marvin
Center, centrally located on campus at George Washington University in
Washington DC, May 4-5, 2013."

Video highlights from 2012:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3751eA22HY

E-Democracy.org should have a small group of fresh faces out there.
Are you going? Contact our Engagement Tech leader Bill Bushey to get
connected: bill.bushey at e-democracy.org http://e-democracy.org/contact

More from:
http://transparencycamp.org

"TransparencyCamp is an "unconference" for opengov: an event where,
each year, journalists, developers, technologists, policy-makers,
government officials, students, academics, wonks, and everyone in
between gather to share their knowledge about how to use new
technologies and policies to make our government really work for the
people -- and to help our people work smarter with our government.

As an "unconference," TransparencyCamp emphasizes the important
contributions that each and every attendee brings with them into the
sessions, workshops, and conversations associated with this event. In
fact, attendees (yes, all of them) are brought into the process of
making the schedule for the conference with the organizers and are
encouraged to step up and lead sessions themselves. (Check out our
2012 Recap video above to get a better sense of what we mean.)

We've seen a lot of productive, amazing results from TCamp in years
past: US-based TCamp attendees have started unique, globally
recognized initiatives, including CityCampand CrisisCommons, and our
international guests have gone on to organize TCamps in their own
countries."

Steven Clift - http://stevenclift.com
  Executive Director - http://E-Democracy.org
  Twitter: http://twitter.com/democracy