[open-government] Definitions of Open Government and Open Government Data

Martin Tisne mtisne at omidyar.com
Mon Apr 8 13:29:38 UTC 2013

Hi

My sense is that Global Integrity's definition of open government (below) is the most accurate - esp.  in describing how the transparency/accountability and anti-corruption communities of practice are more likely to describe open government (i.e. beyond how open data folks describe it). One of the problems is that our field is very siloed (open data folks, anti corruption campaigners, freedom of information activists, budget transparency activists etc.) and all have slightly different definitions.

http://www.globalintegrity.org/blog/working-definition-opengov

Best, Martin

Martin Tisné
Director, Policy