[open-government] Measuring open data success in local govt

Thimo Thoeye thimothoeye at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 18:00:58 UTC 2013

Dear all,

Since this is my first post to this list I would like to introduce myself,
my name is Thimo Thoeye. I'm a software engineer and open data enthusiast
currently working for local government (City of Ghent, Belgium)

The city of Ghent has an open data programme (see http://data.gent.be),
characterized by community interaction. We are looking to expand it and I
have been asked to devise a quantitative performance indicator to monitor
our progress.

I don't want to fall in the 'number of datasets' trap and maintain focus on
the impact on transparency and life in the city. I realize this isn't too
straightforward so I would be very grateful if you can point me to any
prior work (being) done on this subject

Kind regards,
Thimo