[open-government] Measuring open data success in local govt

Jose M. Alonso josema at webfoundation.org
Thu Dec 12 08:38:07 UTC 2013

Hi Thimo,

WF recently released the Open Data Barometer, please see: http://opendatabarometer.org

Although we only researched national governments, the methodology might give you a good starting point and should be also applicable to local governments with a few tweaks. I has a multidimensional approach, as you'll see.

Josema.

ps: on a more personal note, yes, please, avoid counting datasets, it's pretty useless.
http://blog.josema.net/2013/07/18/counting-datasets-is-bad/

--

Jose M. Alonso
Program Manager, Open Data