[open-government] trade agreement use-case

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Thu Feb 28 18:50:21 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 05:48:45PM +0000, Ole.Wintermann at bertelsmann-stiftung.de wrote:
> I am currently sitting in a Collaboratory meeting in Berlin (Collaboratory.de<http://Collaboratory.de>). We are wondering about creating a concrete use case for open gov. From our point of view it makes sense to use the planned EU/US trade agreement for such a use case. That agreement is going to weaken the rights of consumers, Internet users and citizens in Europe. The main reason for that weakening is the lack of transparency of the decision making process. We want to engage for more participation and open gov in that process and will analyze the decisions regarding genetic modified food, Internet rights and working conditions.
>
> It's the beginning of our project. If you have any questions or comments please let us know.

you should have a look at acta, to see how a trade agreement between us and eu
is negotiated. in total intransparency. even the eu parliament is still
withholding information. the last such bit afaik is the question the ecj asked
the ep for clarification iirc a few weeks ago.

--
pgp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/stef.gpg
*NEW* pgp fp: FD52 DABD 5224 7F9C 63C6  3C12 FC97 D29F CA05 57EF