[open-government] trade agreement use-case

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Thu Feb 28 19:16:30 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 07:05:32PM +0000, Ole.Wintermann at bertelsmann-stiftung.de wrote:
> That was also one important reason to focus on this trade agreement. We should prevent such a closed shop process at an early stage. At least we should try to foster an early public debate about that problem

counter argument last time was, that this is traditional trade diplomacy and
that is not conducted in public as it weakens the negotiation arguments. and
indeed, none of the negotiators is democratically elected or can be held
accountable that way (commission is negotiating with ustr). would be nice if
this would be attacked from as many directions possible. ;)

--
pgp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/stef.gpg
*NEW* pgp fp: FD52 DABD 5224 7F9C 63C6  3C12 FC97 D29F CA05 57EF