[open-government] Open (Govt.) Data Marketing

Tom Lee tlee at sunlightfoundation.com
Wed Jan 16 15:50:44 UTC 2013

Visualization contests like the one you link to are a great idea, but some
of the most effective marketing occurs at a smaller scale. Finding
communities of practitioners with professional and/or research interests in
the data can help to get it into the hands of people that will use it on an
ongoing basis. At Sunlight we do our best to maintain open channels of
communication with polisci professors who blog, for instance, so that when
we share new datasets with them they might be inspired to spread the news
to their colleagues.