[open-government] Open Contracting and EU - does it match?

Julia Keserű jkeseru at sunlightfoundation.com
Thu Jul 4 16:32:39 UTC 2013

Gerry,

Sunlight Foundation and OKFN just started to analyze the quality of EU
procurement data in Tenders Electronic Daily and the proposed new
directives on procurements. We`re planning to come up with a set of
recommendations and as far as we can tell, the EU procurement regime is in
line with the OC principles so it seems worth promoting. But please give us
a few more weeks to give you a proper answer though.

By the way, as far as I know the OC principles and their
guidelines<http://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/opencontracting/pages/24/attachments/original/1372171467/Open_Contracting_A_guide_for_practitioners_by_practitioners-v2.pdf?1372171467>
were
originally meant for fragile states but the principles are broad enough to
translate to other national (and local) contexts too.

I was wondering if other folks would be interested in a joint advocacy
campaign on EU procurement reform.

Julia

Júlia Keserű
International Program Coordinator