[open-government] Advice on Open Dataset Terms & Conditions in Hong Kong

Bill Proudfit bill.proudfit at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 00:42:29 UTC 2013

The HK Government has the Data.One site with about 1,500 or so datasets.
 I'm interested to know if the terms & conditions covering these datasets
are within the range of variation of the terms and conditions of other
governmental open dataset sites.

Here is the link to the HK terms & conditions.

http://www.gov.hk/en/theme/psi/terms_conditions/

The Open Data Handbook has this guidance on licenses.  I'm taking licenses
to mean the same as terms & conditions.   It seems to me that the HK
Data.One site's terms & conditions are not in step with these guidelines.

Is it common for locations to have opendata sites which do not meet these
guidelines?

What steps could be taken to get governments to follow these guidelines?

http://opendatahandbook.org/en/how-to-open-up-data/apply-an-open-license.html

Any guidance or suggestion would be great.

Many thanks,

Bill

--
Bill Proudfit