[open-government] New post: quantitative Internet Geographer/Sociologist at the Oxford Internet Institute

Tracey P. Lauriault tlauriau at gmail.com
Tue May 14 18:27:01 UTC 2013

** **

*From:* geoweb-r at googlegroups.com [mailto:geoweb-r at googlegroups.com] *On
Behalf Of *Mark Graham
*Sent:* Tuesday May 14, 2013 10:41 AM
*To:* geoweb-r at googlegroups.com
*Subject:* [geoweb-r] New post: quantitative Internet
Geographer/Sociologist at the Oxford Internet Institute****

** **

Dear colleagues,****

** **

We're hiring<https://www.recruit.ox.ac.uk/pls/hrisliverecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.jobspec?p_id=107891>
full-time researcher to work with Grant
Blank<http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/?id=177>
, Bernie Hogan <http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/?id=140> and
myself<http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/?id=165> at
the Oxford Internet Institute (on a one-year contract in the first
instance).

The successful candidate will work on two projects: (1) Helping us to
continue our work on the geographies of Wikipedia. i.e. modelling and
mapping patterns in Wikipedia data (read more
here<http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/research/projects/?id=66>
 or here <http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/research/projects/?id=70>); (2) Carrying
out a new project on digital inequality in Britain. Here, the researcher
will gather and analyse a range of Internet-related data in order to help
us better understand local-scale geographies of digital engagement in the
UK.

We think this will be quite an exciting position for someone with a
background in statistics (and ideally GIS). More info and an application
package is available at this
link<https://www.recruit.ox.ac.uk/pls/hrisliverecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.jobspec?p_id=107891>,
but feel free to get in touch if you have any question about the job (and
please share with anyone who might be interested or any relevant
lists/networks).****

** **

Deadline: June 13****

Grade 7: Salary £29,541 - £36,298 p.a.****

http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/newpositions/****

** **

Best,****

Mark****

** **

------------------------------------------****

Dr Mark Graham****

** **

Senior Research Fellow ****

Director of Research****

Oxford Internet Institute****

University of Oxford****

 ****

www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/graham****

www.geospace.co.uk****

www.wikichains.org****

twitter.com/geoplace****

** **

*I typically answer emails before 11 AM (UK time) time on weekdays. Emails
after that will likely be responded to the next weekday.*****

 ****

--
Tracey P. Lauriault