[open-government] Fwd: Protect Online Voices

James McKinney james at opennorth.ca
Thu Sep 26 05:23:13 UTC 2013

(Sorry for cross-post)

In case any organizations on these lists suffer from DDoS attacks, or know websites that do, Deflect is a free, open-source service offered by eQualit.ie. (It's free because it's funded by international donors.) In its third year of operations, it's made for at-risk individuals and groups of independent journalists and human rights campaigners. In the past few months, for example, it's kept Vietnamese bloggers, independent Syrian news media, Tibetan activists and Iranian election monitors online despite an onslaught of concerted attacks. See more in the forwarded message below.

Disclosure: I share office space with their Montreal team.

--
James McKinney
Open North

Begin forwarded message: