[open-government] Announcing Global Legislative Openness Week (GLOW), Sept. 15-25, #OpenParl2014

Sarah Welsh swelsh at ndi.org
Mon Aug 11 19:15:14 UTC 2014

The Open Government Partnership (OGP)’s Legislative Openness Working Group
is proud to launch a new global campaign to advance the creation of
legislative openness commitments in OGP action plans and share best
practices among governments, parliaments and civil society organizations
around the world.

We want you to be involved!

Global Legislative Openness Week (GLOW) <http://openparl2014.org> will kick
off on September 15, the International Day of Democracy, and will connect a
number of legislative-openness events happening around the world,
from conferences and hackathons to the launch of monitoring initiatives. During
GLOW the Working Group will be holding meetings in Montenegro and Chile,
and independent events are being organized in Brazil, Jordan, Mexico, South
Korea, Poland, Australia, Canada, Honduras and elsewhere. Visit
openparl2014.org for more details and complete updates, and follow the
action at #OpenParl2014. Several of the GLOW events will be live-streamed
and there will also be opportunities to participate in a global discussion
via social media, with a focus on different sets of issues throughout the
week.

Please join us! We hope that GLOW will become a truly grassroots, global
event, and the campaign we envision will celebrate and promote legislative
openness as an integral part of the broader openness conversation within
OGP. We are eager to include your organization in GLOW
<http://openparl2014.org/contact>. It is a great opportunity to co-brand
your local events and projects around legislative openness with the OGP
Working Group and gain broader visibility for your work.  If you are
already planning a legislative openness event or project that will be
active in September, or if the idea of a global campaign inspires you to
organize something new, please email glow at OpeningParliament.org and let us
know what you’re planning. Of course, your suggestions and ideas for the
campaign are also welcome.

We look forward to working with you!

--

*Sarah A. Welsh*

Senior Program Assistant, Governance

National Democratic Institute for International Affairs

455 Massachusetts Ave, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20001
Tel:  (202) 728-5444