[open-government] Canadian Museum for Human Rights model for open records?

Ann Frisch afrisch09 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 22:51:01 UTC 2014

The Canadian Museum for Human Rights will open September  20 in Winnipeg.

It is a model of green construction.

I'm wondering if anyone is looking at the museum as a way to disseminate or feature open records.

I could not locate the Canadian open records act...but I am guessing there is one.  Why so difficult to find?

http://museumforhumanrights.ca/about-museum/official-opening#.Uv6dZXklxqt  From the website:

Human rights stories will be showcased from multiple perspectives, in unique and remarkable ways. The Museum will also house a vast digital collection of recorded oral histories, capturing the valuable stories – in their own words – of people whose experiences have much to teach us.
Dynamic, interactive exhibits – presented by master exhibit designer Ralph Applebaum Associates – are arranged around human rights themes, using multimedia technology and stunning visuals. Artifacts and artwork become tangible touchstones that connect visitors to human rights. Storytelling and performance make concepts come alive.
The Museum’s content revolves around Canada’s human rights journey, the focus of is largest gallery. Developed by expert CMHR researcher-curators, content was informed by cross-Canada public engagement involving over 2,000 people, input from a Human Rights Advisory Council, peer-reviewed approach papers ad rigorous ongoing scholarship.
Inclusive design has been embraced by an approach that sets new Canadian and world standards for universal accessibility. Cutting-edge technology, nationwide input from the disability community, and pioneering Canadian research ensure the visitor experience is designed to include the full range of human diversity.
Fully bilingual exhibits and programs make the Museum a first-class destination for francophones and French-language students from across the country and beyond.

Reply to afrisch09 at gmail.com

Thanks, Ann

Ann Frisch
4887 Stewart Avenue