[open-government] G7 Open Data Charter Action Plan Analysis

James Kin-sing Chan jchan at sunlightfoundation.com
Wed Jul 30 14:30:43 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I am James Chan, a summer visiting fellow working for Sunlight Foundation
policy team. I have just published a two-part analysis following up on the
development of the the G8 Open Data Charter and their subsequent action
plans.

It is exciting to see the development of open data in the G7, but seems
they need strong commitment towards free-of-charge data (and Germany has
yet to released its plan).

Here are the articles:

Part 1: G8 Open Data Charter Action Plan: Open data by default, but you may
have to pay
http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2014/07/28/g8-open-data-charter-action-plan-open-data-by-default-but-you-may-have-to-pay-for-it/

Part 2: What can we learn from the G8 Open Data Charter Action Plan?
http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2014/07/30/what-can-we-learn-from-the-g8-open-data-charter-action-plan/

Would be great if you can spread these articles around and feel free to let
me know if you have any comments or questions.

Thank you so much!

Best,
James

--