[open-government] What open government public opinion survey questions would you ask?

Gannon Dick gannon_dick at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 19:15:20 UTC 2014

Thanks Steven,

One thing I'd love to ask people are their opinions on Work-Life Balance for Government Employees - both Political Appointees and Career Civil Service.  I am neither of those, BTW, but it would be interesting to understand the expectations.

Personal Identity is coupled with Occupation and Occupation is coupled with location of the workplace.  But coupling is not correlation*.  In the Private Sector, "The Boss is always right", "My way or the Highway" etc. and conflicting expectations never require a transparent solution.

Presumably that is different in an Open Government which is not designed unreasonable or exploitive of "Labor", who underneath are citizens.  Bureaucrats are people too!  There are advantages to visualizing the calendar as coordinated time for Labor Issues.

http://www.rustprivacy.org/2014/balance/utct.jpg

--Gannon

* One of these days the "We" of the Five Eyes are going to have to explain exactly who among them did not know about correlation and coupling (Identity by Chemical Shift).  I hope there will be free Popcorn.