[open-government] Again on Open Contracts - Group of Local Campaign Organizers

Daniela Mattern daniela.mattern at okfn.org
Thu Jun 19 22:06:38 UTC 2014

I had a reply from Gary about the contracts between Google and the
Libraries and then in another e-mail I talked with Kersti and she suggested
that there could be a hub with all the local campaigns and people could
share experiences about how they are doing it locally ...

What do you think about this?
Would you be interested in taking part in this experiment and find out
together with us how we can open up a specific contract?
Which contract would be most interesting to you and why?

I am very curious about the outcome of this. In the past I tried to open up
terms of reference and contracts for so many issues - mostly favela
upgrading projects, or huge infra-structure projects or projects on
highways that involved cutting a lot of rainforest and removing people from
low income settlements ...
All of these attempts have been without success ... But so far I only tried
to do it with Freedom of Information Requests ... I never really campaigned
for it ...

It would be really great to try this out.

Let me know, if you are interested and how we can get started on this.

Daniela

--

Daniela Mattern

Open Data Project Manager | skype: e1aste2000

*Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org> *

http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork>  |  Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>  |
Newsletter <http://okfn.org/about/newsletter>

<http://okfn.org/about/newsletter>

*Have you bought your tickets <http://2014.okfestival.org/tickets/> to
OKFestival yet? Join us in Berlin in July (15-17)!*

*Open Minds to Open Action*