[open-government] Again on Open Contracts - Group of Local Campaign Organizers

T. Idriss TINTO tinto.jean at titinto.net
Fri Jun 20 00:16:04 UTC 2014

Hi all,

In Burkina Faso, each public institution designs and implements a
procurement plan.
The procurement plans are available online [1]. However, for data on the
beneficiaries of public markets, you must go to each department. In
addition, the data is in paper format reports.
The Ministry of Finance has deployed a computer system that will help to
centralize data to facilitate their access, but it is not yet used
correctly.

Here, many people criticize public procurement, because of corruption,
the work is not well executed. In addition, people say that the big
markets are always awarded to companies that are close to the
president's family. These assertions can be validated (or not) by the
contracts data, but people do not yet have the reflex to use it.
Our local group have planned a data expedition on the subject, but we
have not yet implemented.

Regards

Le 19/06/2014 22:06, Daniela Mattern a écrit :
> I had a reply from Gary about the contracts between Google and the
> Libraries and then in another e-mail I talked with Kersti and she
> suggested that there could be a hub with all the local campaigns and
> people could share experiences about how they are doing it locally ...
>
> What do you think about this?
> Would you be interested in taking part in this experiment and find out
> together with us how we can open up a specific contract?
> Which contract would be most interesting to you and why?
>
> I am very curious about the outcome of this. In the past I tried to
> open up terms of reference and contracts for so many issues - mostly
> favela upgrading projects, or huge infra-structure projects or
> projects on highways that involved cutting a lot of rainforest and
> removing people from low income settlements ...
> All of these attempts have been without success ... But so far I only
> tried to do it with Freedom of Information Requests ... I never really
> campaigned for it ...
>
> It would be really great to try this out.
>
> Let me know, if you are interested and how we can get started on this.
>
> Daniela
>
> --
>
> Daniela Mattern
>
> Open Data Project Manager | skype: e1aste2000
>
> *
>
> *Open Knowledge Foundation* <http://okfn.org>
>
> *
>
> http://okfn.org/ |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN> |  OKF on Facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> | Blog
> <http://blog.okfn.org/> | Newsletter <http://okfn.org/about/newsletter>
>

> <http://okfn.org/about/newsletter>
>
> *Have you bought your tickets <http://2014.okfestival.org/tickets/> to
> OKFestival yet? Join us in Berlin in July (15-17)!*
>

> *Open Minds to Open Action/*
> */*

Teg-Wendé Idriss TINTO:
    Ingenieur en Informatique
    téléphones:
        (00226)70102936,
        (00226)66283666
    email:
        tinto.jean[at]titinto[dot]net,
        tinto.jean[at]computer[dot]org
    twitter:
        @titinto_
    skype:
        tinto.jean
    citation:
        « Notre mission est de préserver, protéger et promouvoir la liberté d'utiliser, étudier, copier, modifier et redistribuer les programmes informatiques, et de défendre les droits des utilisateurs de logiciel libre. » FSF