[open-government] Poplus - A new collaborative civic coding "federation, " Join In

Steven Clift clift at e-democracy.org
Tue May 13 14:24:29 UTC 2014

While I will share more details down the road, for the early adopters
out there, there is some important global networking going on emerging
in large part from civic tech efforts in the parliamentary/legislative
transparency space.

"Collaborative Civic coding - Software components that help civil
society groups and campaigners launch powerful websites - anywhere in
the world."

Key is to join the "federation's" online group and roll up your sleeves:

    http://bit.ly/poplusonlinegroup

The main site from:

    http://bit.ly/poplus

"Poplus is a brand new federation - so new that its governance
structure and mission are still being written.

What we do know is this: the world contains an ever-increasing number
of people who are trying to use the internet to help citizens get what
they want out of governments, politicians and other powerful people.
As activists and technologists, we need better ways of sharing our
knowledge, and our technology. Poplus, as a federation, is going to
help us do this.

Recently about 80 people from all over the world met in Chile to
discuss the basics of what we want Poplus to do - what we need it to
do. And now, in May 2014, we’re going to collaborate online to make
Poplus into a real thing."

For context see links tied to their 80 person, 27 nation unconference:

http://www.mysociety.org/2014/05/08/santiago-chile-2014-the-first-poplus-conference/
https://storify.com/myf/the-first-poplus-conference-in-santiago
http://www.congresointeractivo.org/popluscon-and-a-millon-possibilities/
http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2014/05/12/highlights-from-the-first-ever-popluscon-in-santiago/