[open-government] Papers about evaluating impact of OpenData

Martín Szyszlican martinsz at gmail.com
Mon May 26 14:47:38 UTC 2014

Hello Everyone, this is my first email to this list. I'll introduce myself
briefly. I work for Congreso Interactivo (www.congresointeractivo.org), a
grassroots open data initiative in Argentina, and I also belong to the
Sinapsis UX Research Team (www.accesibleyusable.org/sinapsis).

In this context I want to research about how ot measure effectiveness of
different open data initiatives, mashups, websites, etc.

Given my background, I tend to think that usability evaluations of the
interface, plus gathering feedback from users will give a good measure of
how well each app is implemented and how effective it is in reaching it's
beneficiaries.

But it would be great if people in this group will help me find literature
so I could support or refute that claim (that usability is a good
measurement for open data initiatives), and in the negative case,
complement my study with a more comoprehensive technique.

Thanks in advance,
Martín.

--
*Martín Szyszlican*