[open-government] how to evaluate open data?

Tomoaki Watanabe tomoaki.watanabe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 15:32:36 UTC 2014

Hello.

I wonder if there is any government setting clear criteria or KPI for
evaluation of their
open data policy implementation and effects. Is there any discussion on
what kind of
indicators are good to evaluate how well open data is execued and benefits
generated?

I do know Open Data Census, Barometer, etc. G8 Open Data Charter has some
specific
goals set. Anything else I should be aware of?

I am currently on a research project examining, among other things, how to
evaluate
open data implementation and effects. I am sure this question came up in
some of your
mind from time to time. So any advise or piece of information would be
appreciated.

Best,

Tomo
----