[open-government] how to evaluate open data?

Tim Davies tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 20:47:57 UTC 2014

Hello Tomoaki,

We had a workshop earlier in the year at the GovLab at NYU which looked at
different existing assessment methods for open data. The reports linked
here:
http://www.opendataresearch.org/content/2014/646/towards-common-methods-assessing-open-data-workshop-report
include a list of the different examples of open data assessment we
identified, and also proposes a framework for cross-mapping other
assessment efforts.

Hope this is useful,

All the best

Tim

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 4:32 PM, Tomoaki Watanabe <
tomoaki.watanabe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I wonder if there is any government setting clear criteria or KPI for
> evaluation of their
> open data policy implementation and effects. Is there any discussion on
> what kind of
> indicators are good to evaluate how well open data is execued and benefits
> generated?
>
> I do know Open Data Census, Barometer, etc. G8 Open Data Charter has some
> specific
> goals set. Anything else I should be aware of?
>
> I am currently on a research project examining, among other things, how to
> evaluate
> open data implementation and effects. I am sure this question came up in
> some of your
> mind from time to time. So any advise or piece of information would be
> appreciated.
>
> Best,
>
> Tomo
> ----