[open-government] ICYMI: Global PMO campaign for legislative transparency

Lindsay Ferris lferris at sunlightfoundation.com
Mon Sep 22 21:06:55 UTC 2014

**Apologies for cross posting**

Hi all,

Many of you may already be aware, but in honor of Global Legislative
Openness Week, Sunlight launched a global campaign to increase the release
of open legislative data in accordance with the Declaration on
Parliamentary Openness <http://www.openingparliament.org/declaration>. With
the support of over 100 national-level CSOs, we sent letters to parliaments
all over the globe asking them to open up their parliamentary data.

I just wanted to share our blog post with preliminary successes and
insights from this project in case it's of interest:
http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2014/09/18/sunlight-opengov-groups-call-on-legislatures-around-the-globe-to-embrace-open-data/

Thanks!

Lindsay

--
Lindsay Ferris
International Policy Associate | Sunlight Foundation