[open-government] Friday Hangout - Students/Univ and YourNextMP crowd-sourcing - 2 p.m. UK time

Steven Clift clift at e-democracy.org
Tue Mar 10 16:42:10 UTC 2015

A few of us are getting together via Hangout to discuss ways to get
students and Universities involved with crowd-sourcing parliamentary
candidate data via YourNextMP.com.

To RSVP for the Hangout go here:

      About Students-Universities YourNextMP.com Crowd-sourcing Hangout

      https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c0ig24ql8gqhtcg35tl8q5ukcvc?authkey=COLJ6-mq9f6mDQ

The Hangout was suggest by Miriam Cook - http://positiondial.com -
they have worked with the University of Westminister and Politics
students. They hope to use more YNMP data. James Baster -
http://MeetYourNextMP.com - will be on the Hangout as well.

What we need is your help getting more student and University folks on
the Hangout.

The PSA - http://www.psa.ac.uk - has offered to spread the word about
YNMP, but there is a real opportunity for interested students and
faculty to make a difference with this important project.

So please join us on Friday.

Steven Clift

P.S. My hope is that student Politics groups and others will host fun
candidate data crowd-sourcing parties and generate student press
coverage as well. If this idea works in the UK, I'd like to try it
over here in MN in 2016 ... hence my motivation for trying to connect
the dots.

Context from the Democracy Club onilne group:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/democracy-club/xkQLaYBbojU

FYI 10 years ago, I put together the biggest collection of
election-related website links from the UK:
https://web.archive.org/web/20060106012609/http://dowire.org/wiki/UK_elections
The impact of shared data on this ecology is super important. Ten
years ago, projects were duplicating work ... now this year if they
tune into YNMP they can innovate by building off that work instead.