[open-government] Analysis of OGP data catalogs

James McKinney james at opennorth.ca
Mon Mar 9 13:27:28 UTC 2015

Open North has authored a first report as co-lead of the Standards stream of the Open Government Partnership’s Open Data Working Group.

The report looks into several aspects of catalogs in order to identify gaps and opportunities for standardization – including licensing, metadata, formats, access methods, catalog structures and character encodings.

The report is available at:

PDF: http://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxxUHhraTIHhcnNhUU9JRnc1YlU
Commentable version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OMgK4e0KXkuQwJRS0viEsAqlGFoETDJffG9WQ_ONqdw

The open-source code we wrote to perform the analysis could just as easily be applied to any non-OGP data catalog running software for which we’ve written an adapter; adding an adapter for OpenDataSoft or other vendors is straight-forward.

Please let us know if the report is useful, and especially if you have any questions or feedback!

Best regards,

--
James McKinney
Open North