[open-government] UK YourNextMP Update - An engine for open data on candidates, social media links

Steven Clift clift at e-democracy.org
Sat Mar 7 14:49:16 UTC 2015

See update below and the site:
http://yournextmp.com

Start crowd-sourcing on candidate links. Lots to fill out on candidates
with only a few data fields and no social media links yet. Making
candidates more accessible is a real win with this effort. Note all the
emerging data uses in the update below.

Join their online group to get involved:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/democracy-club

Follow on Twitter:  http://twitter.com/democlub

If you are outside UK and want to explore spreading use of this code (uses
Poplus components) to your area, join here: http://bit.ly/poplusgroup  And
note: http://poplus.org  And: https://github.com/mysociety/yournextmp-popit

Read on below - Steven Clift