[open-government] INVITATION: Open Parliament Pre-Conference Event, May 27, 2015, Ottawa

Julia Keserű jkeseru at sunlightfoundation.com
Mon May 18 16:37:23 UTC 2015

Dear all,

As you may know, the 3rd International Open Government Data Conference
<http://opendatacon.org/> in Ottawa is part of a full week of open data
events. Alongside the pre-conference events, the National Democratic
Institute <https://www.ndi.org/>, the Sunlight Foundation
<http://sunlightfoundation.com/>, and the Latin American Network on
Legislative Transparency <http://www.transparencialegislativa.org/>, as
core partners in OpeningParliament.org <http://www.openingparliament.org/>,
a community of civic organizations dedicated to opening up parliamentary
data, will co-host a three-hour pre-conference event on the afternoon
of *Wednesday,
May 27*, from *2:00 to 5:00pm*. The meeting will be held in the *Shaw
Conference Centre in Ottawa, Room 201.*

Please RSVP for the open parliament pre-conference event using this link.
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/iodc-pre-conference-event-open-parliaments-tickets-17006256170>

The goal of our pre-conference discussion is to discuss emerging standards
for parliamentary accountability, as well as the data needed to monitor
compliance with them. We will showcase some of the relevant work around
standards and norms on openness, including the introduction of discussion
documents on standards on three specific topics:

1) Parliamentary Conduct and Ethics (presented by the National Democratic
Institute)

2) Money, Politics and Transparency (presented by the Sunlight Foundation)

3) Lobbying (presented by Transparency International EU)

A panel discussion and introduction of these new global standards will be
followed by breakout sessions on each of the three topics. We would like to
invite members of the open government community to be part of this
important discussion.

Please RSVP for the open parliament pre-conference event using this link.
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/iodc-pre-conference-event-open-parliaments-tickets-17006256170>

We hope to see you at this exciting event.

Best,

National Democratic Institute

Sunlight Foundation
Latin American Network for Legislative Transparency

--
Júlia Keserű
International Policy Manager

1818 N Street NW, Suite 300