[open-humanities] finding and searching OA humanities journals

John Levin john at anterotesis.com
Fri Aug 5 12:53:40 UTC 2011

On 05/08/2011 13:09, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just to say I have now posted John's idea up here:
>
> <http://ideas.okfn.org/ideas/198/website-for-finding-and-searching-oa-humanities-journals>
>
> Please add comments on e.g. existing solutions, ideas for new
> solutions or offers of assistance!
>
> Rufus

Thanks for that. I've added a list of the links suggested on this thread
at ideas.okfn.

My feeling is a major problem is that OA material can be published in
many different ways, for example through self-archiving, archiving
through an institution or through a journal. These might require
different ways of aggregation, and different ways of searching. At any
rate, anything OA makes the text available, which means it can be scraped.

Best,

John

--
John Levin